Guide to Menstrual Cycles & Mental Health
This guide contains plenty of helpful information such as:
- The link between menstrual cycles and mental health and how mood, sleep, and energy levels are affected during periods.
- Understanding premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and its more severe form premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) – their physical and emotional effects, what to look out for, and how PMS and PMDD symptoms mimic other mental health conditions.
- Useful self-care tips and wellbeing advice during your cycle – how the right diet, exercise, emotional and stress management practices help, and other useful advice and resources for women.
Reaching out to Carers through technology
- Carers Trust
- Carers Uk
- Care Network Hub
- AgeUK Blackburn with Darwen
- Re:fresh website – support with you overall health and well-being
- stairliftsreviews.co.uk (fantastic guide to help with ‘Needs Assessments’)
- Lancaster University Research Study