Mental Health Carers Support Group
The Mental Health Carers Support Group is facilitated by Waqas Arshad at Blackburn with Darwen (BwD) Community RESTART.
The aim of the group is to help carers of relatives, partners or friends with a wide range of mental health problems to access help and information and to provide comfort and support on a regular basis.
The Mental Health Carers Support Group offers carers: –
- A safe place to meet and talk (peer to peer support)
- Confidential listening and support
- Help to access existing services, activities and resources
- Sharing of experiences and concerns about illness and care
- Involvement in mental health service planning and provision
- The opportunity to raise issues at appropriate levels
- Help to raise awareness and reduce stigma around Mental Health and Carers Issues
- Additional 1-1 support if required
For more information on the group or to discuss anything in more detail please call Waqas on 01254 226360 (Tuesday to Thursday).
Dates and times of meetings:
- Meeting – 13th June 2017 from 1:00 – 3:00pm at Carers Service, Kingsway
- Meeting and Eid Meal – 27th June 2017 Meet at Carers Service at 13.00 and then set off to Kebabish at 13.30
- Trip to York – 11th July 2017 (No Mental Health Group today)
- Meeting – 25th July 2017 from 1:00 – 3:00pm at Carers Service, Kingsway
- Meeting –8th August 2017 from 1:00 – 3:00pm at Carers Service, Kingsway
- Meeting –22nd August 2017 from 1:00 – 3:00pm at Carers Service, Kingsway
- Meeting – 5th September 2017 from 1:00 – 3:00pm at Carers Service, Kingsway
- Meeting – 19th September 2017 from 1:00 – 3:00pm at Carers Service, Kingsway
***Please be aware that we are hoping to have a guest speaker from the Mental Health Team, the Crisis Team and Early Intervention Services but are awaiting confirmation as to what day they are able to attend***
Blackburn with Darwen Community Restart are running a series of Wellness Recovery Action Planning Workshops (WRAP) throughout the year.
It is a six-week course supporting you to create a personal plan to achieve the best life possible. The course aims to give you the tools to improve people’s quality of life and achieve your goals and dreams. WRAP workshops are delivered by an experienced facilitator in a supportive environment.
There will be an element of group discussion, paired and individual work: To register on the course contact Waj Bashir on 01254 226360 or 07791 045360.