Parent Carers

If you are a parent of a child with additional needs, please register with us and let us support you. There are also other local services that can help you and your family. 

Parents in Partnership

You can join Parents in Partnership if you have a child under the age of 25 with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND). Parents in Partnership work to help shape services that are delivered to families and children with SEND.  They share important information and updates so that local families are fully informed about what’s happening locally.

Parents in Partnership (PiP) hold regular coffee mornings at our centre in Kingsway.  The coffee mornings provide a chance to meet other parents, keep informed about local services and plans and learn about what’s available for you and your child with SEND.

For the latest information and updates see the Blackburn with Darwen Parents in Partnership social media pages.

You can find out more about PiP and become a member here:

Local offer

Blackburn with Darwen Council provides a website which details the services available to children and young people aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and their families.


The Special Educational Needs Information, Advice and Support Service provides support with Education, Health and Care Plans, advice relating to school admissions and exclusions and information on school transition.

They only take referrals directly from parents. Contact them at:

01254 503049
01254 583957
07562 422370

We often find that siblings help out brothers, sisters or with family members with additional needs. If there is a young person in your family aged 16-25 who also supports a family member, they can register with us here:

Registered Charity No. 1120110 | Company No. 05881757

Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved

Blackburn with Darwen Carers Service